Singing Psalms
August 21, 2026
Psalm 118:28-29 (NKJV)
28 You [are] my God, and I will praise You; [You are] my God, I will exalt You. 29 Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for [He is] good! For His mercy [endures] forever.
Psalm 118:24 (NKJV)
This [is] the day the LORD has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalm 118:22-23 (NKJV)
22 The stone [which] the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone. 23This was the LORD’s doing; It [is] marvelous in our eyes.
One of the great joys of the Christian life is singing psalms. Psalm 118 is the inspiration for several choruses that we sing. How many times have I been facing difficult situations, but singing “This is the day” made it all bearable. And the chorus from verses 28 and 29 can help you to enter His gates with thanksgiving and enter His courts with praise. And then I remember a wonderful song by Andraé, “This is the Lord’s Doing (Marvelous)”.
https://youtu.be/-q9DjQr_rZk?is=c8O99VoHcimbhJWn
Yes, it is good to sing psalms, and to praise the Lord with singing. It’s too easy to become preoccupied with the world and its problems, but singing psalms lifts your eyes to heaven and lifts your heart and mind to bless the Lord and praise Him for His mercy and grace. Always remember that “this is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it.”
No comments:
Post a Comment