I Am the Light of the World
Aug 7, 2026
John 9:3-5 (NKJV)
3 Jesus answered, “Neither this man nor his parents sinned, but that the works of God should be revealed in him. 4 “I must work the works of Him who sent Me while it isday; [the] night is coming when no one can work. 5 “As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.”
John 9:39-41 (NKJV)
39 And Jesus said, “For judgment I have come into this world, that those who do notsee may see, and that those who see may be made blind.” 40 Then [some] of the Pharisees who were with Him heard these words, and said to Him, “Are we blind also?” 41 Jesus said to them, “If you were blind, you would have no sin; but now you say, ‘We see.’ Therefore your sin remains.
In this passage, Jesus heals a blind man and gets into a discussion about sin and judgement, and what it truly means to see. Healing the blind man so that he could see was a simple thing for Jesus, but opening the spiritual eyes of the Pharisees so that they could see the truth was much more difficult. There are many today who also refuse to see the truth. Jesus is still the light of the world, but those who refuse to believe in Him continue to walk in darkness. In this time, we see an increase of evil and darkness all around, and seeing that is the first step in seeing the truth. We need a revival of light, a revival of Jesus. It is time that the men born blind begin to see and come to know who Jesus is. So pray that many will see the light. The world needs Jesus, the light of the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment